1-Minute Assessment: Value Management
Take today’s 1-minute assessment:
- Organizations typically have a framework for Risk Management. Do you have one for Value Management, to enable business and IT decisions to maximize the value from IT-enabled business investments?
- Is your Value Management integrated with your financial planning?
- Do you have a targeted investment mix for your IT Portfolio?
- Are you happy with the Value/Return side of your business cases?
- Do you plan for people and talent in line with the managed Portfolio?
- Do you watch and report on Portfolio performance?
- Do you retire programs that crowd out potentially more lucrative investments?
Did you answer NO to any of these questions? If so, you aren’t realizing ideal value from your IT-enabled business investments, and potentially flying blind with respect to practices to aid the Board and executive management in understanding and carrying out their roles related to such investments.
A framework for Value Management will enable you to:
- Manage costs, risks, and benefits, in an integrated way
- Increase the chances for a Portfolio mix having the potential to generate the highest return
- Reduce the number of losing propositions in the mix, and so cut cost and free-up talent
- Increase business value and goodwill
ISACA’s ValIT, one such framework for Value Management, provides a foundation for you to manage strategy, architecture, delivery, and value, from a common set of principles and practice. Are you doing the right things? Are you doing them the right way? Are you getting them done well? Are you seeing the benefits?
© Michael C. Simonelli, onthegocio.com, 2013